Nearly everyone understands the importance of having a carbon monoxide detector in their home. Those who heat their homes with natural gas or wood have a valid risk of succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning while they sleep or even when relaxing with their families. However, you and other Indiana residents may not think as often about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning at work, which can occur as easily as it might at home.
What exactly is carbon monoxide poisoning? According to the Mayo Clinic, this extremely hazardous event can occur if you have too much carbon monoxide in your bloodstream. Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of fuel burning, most often associated with natural gas, propane, wood and charcoal. Carbon monoxide poisoning happens when there is insufficient ventilation in an enclosed space.